Who or what are you defined by? Listen as Stu reviews the movie, Overcomer!
10% of all proceeds go to Special Needs and Other Charities
Located behind Dairy-O In Clemmons
Be the first customer through the door and receive the golden ticket. The Golden Ticket gives the ticket holder custard for a year. THATS RIGHT! One scoop per week for 52 weeks. Rumors are starting to spread that some are trying to get their spot in line Friday night. Spread the word and if we have that kind of response we may have another surprise for those that come out early to get their spot.
A Storied Past … A “Happily Ever After” Future
- 1902 Once upon a time in 1902, a young and enthusiastic Arthur Abbott was traveling the Eastern Seaboard with the summer carnivals. He spent his days entertaining the crowds and his nights perfecting his secret recipe for a special frozen dessert. Little did he know the lasting impact his heavenly treat would make.
- 1926 Eventually, Arthur found his way to the port town of Rochester, New York – a community he found to be very special. He opened a stand right across the street from Charlotte Beach on the shores of Lake Ontario which was also home to a bustling amusement park.
- 1932 As word spread of Arthur’s handcrafted frozen concoction, people would line up from morning ‘til night to enjoy what had now become known as Abbott’s Frozen Custard. From his newfound success, Arthur was able to buy and train his own racehorse. He struck it rich when his prized horse, Blue Man, won the Preakness Stakes in 1952, earning Arthur an astonishing $86,135. At that point, Arthur was in his 70s and financially comfortable, so he considered hanging up his scoops for good.
- 1957 In the summer of 1957, as Arthur pondered retirement he met Leonard and Thelma Schreiber. Like Arthur, they loved Abbott’s and wanted to help Arthur carry on the delicious Abbott’s tradition. While it was hard to leave his life long passion, Arthur knew it was time and was confident Lenny and Tiby, as their friends called them, along with their two young daughters, were the perfect family to continue on the Abbott’s legacy, serving the secret family recipe to all their loyal customers.
- 1981 Mrs. Schreiber unveiled a new frozen custard novelty called the Turtle (made with layers of Abbott’s frozen custard, Spanish peanuts, and fudge, frozen on a stick and dipped in dark chocolate) which remains a signature Abbott’s treat to this day.
- 2005 While Arthur’s stand at Charlotte beach continues to serve guests each day, Abbott’s Frozen Custard has gained prominence as a nationally recognized family brand dedicated to its communities. Abbott’s has since opened new locations in neighborhoods near and far while remaining a family business.
- 2012 Arthur Abbott’s favorite saying still serves as the company motto, “…it’s always been about the taste!” With continued market expansion came a delicious and diverse selection of cones, dishes, sundaes, pies, treats and more.
- 2019 For nearly 100 years, an Abbott’s Frozen Custard stand has been the perfect destination “after” any event or occasion. Win or lose, good day or bad, after the park or a picnic, going to Abbott’s “after” helps make everything even better.
The Way Ice Cream Was Meant To Be!
- #1 Every scoop of Abbott’s starts with our dairy cows. As our dairy farmers like to say, “Happy cows produce great milk” which means they are treated as part of the family, enjoying green grass and all-natural feed, while always receiving the best veterinary care.
- #2 Following our Secret Family Recipe, the milk and cream from our dairy cows are combined with eggs and sugar to create our Abbott’s frozen custard mix.
- #3 Our mix is then Hand delivered to each of our Abbott’s stands in refrigerated trucks for our crews to turn into Abbott’s Frozen Custard.
- #4 Every day we create our flavors, all hand made in our stands with the freshest ingredients from real strawberries or decadent chocolate to the legendary black raspberry.
- #5 Then we pour our frozen custard mix into our specially designed machine. The slow churning process removes all the air turning our mix into creamy and smooth Abbott’s Frozen Custard. Churned in small batches throughout the day is why we say Abbott’s is “Made Fresh Just for You!”
It’s all so our customers can live Happily Ever After … with Abbott’s of course!
It’s a Tru Commentary giveback! Call 888-988-5656 or go to africaneedsjesus.com to contribute what God places on your heart.
Northern Nigeria is a spiritual battleground. For 10 years or more, radical religious movements have ravaged the land with horrific acts of violence. But there is hope in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
We now have an opportunity to take the good news farther into Nigeria and strengthen the Church there. We’re launching a powerful new 200,000-watt transmitter broadcasting hope into all of Nigeria, as well as parts of the neighboring countries of Cameroon, Benin and Niger.
We have already begun by faith, with a prayer goal of launching programming with the new transmitter by the end of 2019. The total cost of the project is $1.3 million for installation, upgraded power and antenna, and the first year of operations to reach all of Nigeria and beyond. As of Feb. 28, 2019, the remaining need for the project is $500,000.
Would you consider giving generously to the Oasis Transmitter Project today? Your gift will provide a clear radio signal to bring more evangelism programs for the lost, more discipleship programs to strengthen the Church, and more effective ministry than we’ve ever been able to bring to this region of Africa before.
Suggested Donation: $100.00
Our 24/7 phone number is 888-988-5656